These are the kids most favorite breadsticks! I like them because they’re relatively quick and easy for yeast dough. Goes great with Italian food.
LittleChefTip: Let kids shape their own breadsticks. They can even try twisting them into shapes of the alphabet!
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ½ cups bread flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter melted (for the baking sheet)
- Mix all ingredients (except melted butter) in a large bowl or electric mixer and knead for three minutes.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread melted butter onto an 11X17-inch baking sheet.
- Roll out the breadstick dough about 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick and cut into strips with a pizza cutter.
- Twist slightly if desired and place about 1/2-inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, herbs of choice (thyme, basil, oregano) and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes. Bake 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees until golden brown.