I saw this frosting recipe for a cake, but thought I’d try it for the kids cupcakes. It was a nice change. You can’t go wrong adding cream cheese to anything! If you wanna try an easy and quick chocolate cupcake recipe from scratch, click Here.
LittleChefTip: Kids love decorating cupcakes. No decorating bag? No worries! Put frosting in a Ziploc bag and cut off the corner for a makeshift piping bag. Cut the hole as small or big as you like.
*My favorite decorating tip is Wilton 1M
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup 113 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups 340 grams powdered sugar
- ½ cup 43 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and cocoa powder, then add the salt.
- Mix on low speed until well combined, scrape down the bowl, then increase to medium-high speed and beat until smooth and whipped, about 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat on medium-high for an additional 1 minute. Recipe: Natasha'sKitchen