This is my new favorite dessert! I could eat it everyday it’s that delicious! LittleChef1 has a slight addiction to it also. He has requested this to go along with his birthday meal. It’s that good my friends!!
Juicy apples and pears that naturally make the perfect amount of sweet liquid when baked, lie hidden underneath an oat crumble topping.
I’ve made apple crisp for years, but I never thought of adding pear to the equation. Boy was I missing out! That subtle addition compliments the apple so well. It makes my taste buds sing in harmony 😁
If you remember me mentioning in the Honey Oatmeal Bread recipe about the 14 pound bag of oats my Dad gave me, well, let’s just say I’m not even making a dent in it all this time later!
I’m gonna have to start making more bread and more No-Bake Oatmeal Cookies
Or, I can just continue to use this yummy recipe over and over again till all the oats are used up! Yes, great game plan 😊
We prefer to eat our Apple and Pear Crumble with some vanilla ice cream plopped on the top. Plain is good also! You really can’t go wrong with this dessert.
Apple and Pear Crumble
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick,softened
- 4 cups peeled and diced apples 6
- 4 cups peeled and diced pears 6
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats, flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl until crumbly.
- Mix apples, pears, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a separate bowl; spread into the bottom of a 13x9-inch glass pan. Sprinkle oat mixture on top of apple-pear mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Recipe Source: Adapted from: Allrecipes.com
On a frugal note, I found the burlap in the picture on clearance for $.75!! It was originally $8.00. Great savings! So now I can go buy more apples and pears…..