Soft, fluffy homemade biscuits using only 3 ingredients that I’m sure you already have in your kitchen! These truly are The World’s Easiest Sour Cream Biscuits!
One day, rather one evening, I had a surplus supply of eggs and apples. So naturally that meant breakfast time, only one problem, I was out of butter (doesn’t happen that often!) and crisco for Buttermilk Biscuits. As luck would have it I had just read an e-mail from one of my favorite bloggers and I remembered the biscuit recipe only had 3 ingredients. Flour, sour cream and milk, no butter needed!! So I went to work making them and they truly are the world’s easiest biscuits and pretty fail proof too!
These would be especially fun for the little ones since there’s no butter or Crisco that needs mixed in. Easy peasy biscuits! If you see what looks like melted butter on the tops, that’s actually melted ghee. Gotta improvise sometimes 😉
If you’re looking for some good fried apples, I got you covered. My Fried Apples recipe is one of the kids most requested breakfast sides. I’m working on updating the pictures since I took the original ones outside in bright sunlight! What can I say, when I knew better, I did better. Not sure who that quote is from, but it’s a good one.
Slather your biscuit with butter and jelly, or just butter, either way is great!
*Pics updated 9/2020
Recipe Source: Momonamission.me
The World's Easiest Sour Cream Biscuits (only 3 ingredients)
- 4 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1 16oz. container sour cream
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Blend in enough sour cream with a fork until the dough leaves sides of bowl.
- Add milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Gently knead 2 to 3 times.
- Roll out dough, using a floured rolling pin, to 1/2 or 3/4 inch (if you like tall biscuits). Cut using a floured 2 or 3-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet with sides touching for soft biscuits and 1-inch apart for crisp sides.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.