Cheesy Eggplant Bake
*Sweat sliced eggplant for 20 minutes. (Slice peeled eggplant, put on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Rinse baked eggplant in cold water; pat dry.
- 1 TBLS oil
- -5 cloves garlic minced
- -1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- -1/2 onion diced
- -1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- -1 TBLS dried parsley
- -1 TBLS dried basil
- -1/2 tsp salt
- -1/8 pepper
- -1 Large Eggplant peeled and sliced
- -1 1/2 to 2 cups Colby Jack cheese shredded
- -1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
Saute onion a little, then add garlic.
Do not burn garlic, then add green peppers.
Cook a few minutes, then add tomatoes and seasoning. Cook mixture a few minutes.
Spray casserole dish (or use parchment paper), put sliced eggplant in dish.
Pour cooked mixture over eggplant.
Top with cheeses.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minites, till cheese is bubbly.