If I had to pick one appetizer to eat for the rest of my life, it would be this Black Bean Dip! It’s that great my friends! It truly is the best dip I have ever eaten! Even my bean hating kids loved it! (Yes, I realize I used way too many exclamation marks) 😃
Unearthed below the beautiful hue of tomatoes and green onions is a cheesy bean mixture. It’s like a cheesy explosion of deliciousness in each bite! The cream cheese delivers this smooth taste.
I had a recipe saved on my phone to make for the past week. We were having Doritos Casserole and thought this dip would go well with it. Not only did it go good with it, this dish was the star of the party!
The original recipe used chili beans, but I just adore black beans so substituted that instead.
You seriously have to make this recipe. Like right now! Your mouth will thank you.
The Best Black Bean Dip
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese slightly softened
- ½ cup salsa I used mild
- 1 can black beans
- 1½ cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- green onions chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven safe dish, spread cream cheese into a thin layer to the edges of dish. (I used a deep dish pie plate)
- Spread salsa over cream cheese.
- After opening black beans, pour off some of the liquid on the top (about 1 TBLS). You want to keep most of the sauce in there though.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese, green onions, and tomatoes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Recipe Source: Diaryofarecipecollector.com