Hi there, I’m so happy you stopped by! Welcome to Little Chef Within. I’m Vicky, the recipe developer, food photographer and home cook behind this food blog.
I started Little Chef Within in 2016. I had newborn twins at the time along with 4 other kids. Yes, you don’t have to tell me how insane I was, looking back I’m not sure how I even managed to put together one cohesive sentence, let alone an entire blog! As a homeschooling family I was going to blog about our kitchen adventures. Needless to say that my steam didn’t last, but I discovered I absolutely loved food photography. That is still true after all these years!
Most days you’ll find me in the kitchen with my apron on, hair up in a bun cooking for my large family! I cook the foods I grew up eating, in the Appalachian hills of Kentucky, along with an abundance of homemade breads. My 6 sons’ favorite bread is this delicious sandwich bread and favorite dish is my Chicken Fajitas.
5 Fun Facts About Me!
- I celebrated the big 4-0 during my 6th pregnancy with the twins!!
- My favorite animal is a pug, they’re just so cute!
- My favorite musical artist is David Crowder.
- My favorite vacation spot is Pigeon Forge, TN.
- I took 3 years of French in school, but don’t let that impress you. I don’t remember much except for Je m’appelle Vicky, and Je ne parle pas français. You know, just in case I ever encounter a Frenchman and I need to tell him my name is Vicky and I don’t speak French. LOL!
If you have any questions, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit my Contact/PR page.
My sincere wish is for you to explore our recipes and find some that you love as much as we do!
So take those aprons out and get cooking, and don’t forget about the tiny hands that always eager to help!