This is LittleChefsDad and LittleChef2’s most favorite bun. There’s nothing better for a roast beef sandwich than Ciabatta bread. When I could eat gluten (insert sad crying face), this was one of my favorite breads too. Please try it, you will not be disappointed!
LittleChef Tip: Let kids roll the dough out and shape into buns or whatever creative shape they want! Just make sure their little hands are well floured beforehand.
Soft Ciabatta buns (Bread Machine)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 TBLS oil
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- Place in bread machine, push Dough setting.
- Dough will be very sticky, DO NOT add flour. Place on a lightly floured surface, cover with a large bowl. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Cut off equal amounts of dough with a dough cutter. Shape into bun form with floured hands. Place on sheet, dimple surface with floured fingers. Cover, let rise for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake 25 minutes, or till brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!