Everybody needs an amazing recipe that uses up those ripe bananas, look no more my friends! These Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are sure to please even the pickiest eater!
These are my kids most favorite muffins. I love them for the fact that they use up those mushy bananas, so no waste!
I can’t stand to eat bananas when they are soft and mushy, ripe bananas do not sit right in my mouth, so I’m very glad I use them up in this recipe! This is also a good recipe to make gluten free, just sub out the all-purpose flour for gluten free flour and enjoy!
LittleChef’s can do this entire recipe on their own, just help with the oven. I also like to make this into mini muffins. For some reason miniature food is such a big hit with little hands 🙂
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 TBLS Cocoa Powder optional
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla and melted butter.
- Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- *Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com