Today I present to you a simple, humble side dish that will be well received from so many people! It’s gluten free, vegan, low carb, healthy, and delicious! What more could you ask for?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Octonuts, but all thoughts and opinions are my own! #Ad
This side dish is perfect for any of the big holidays such as: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. But it’s also perfect for a weeknight side also! It feels fancy without all the fuss! It’s like green beans got a make over and are all grown up with a few additions!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Green Beans
- Octonuts Almond Oil
- minced garlic
- sliced almonds
- fresh black pepper
- large saucepan
- large skillet
- slotted spoon
If using fresh green beans, wash and trim the ends; cook in boiling water for around 3 minutes. Proceed with steps 3-5 of the recipe.
Don’t forget, if you make one of our recipes, please tag us on Instagram @littlechefwithin and use the hashtag #littlechefwithin so we can see your beautiful creations!!
Almond Garlic Green Beans
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen Green Beans
- 3 Tbls Octonuts Almond Oil
- 1 Tbls minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cook; uncovered for 7-8 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat Octonuts Almond Oil over low heat, cook minced garlic for 1 minute; do not burn.
- Add sliced almonds and saute for 2 additional minutes.
- Add green beans, salt and pepper, toss to combine.