This is a very quick and easy salsa recipe. I love the fact that you can get a great taste with canned tomatoes! Ditch the store bought salsa and try out this recipe. Like your salsa big and chunky? Just pulse fewer times. My little kids love using the pulse button!
Weird confession: I LOVE cilantro, I love it so much I even love the smell it leaves on my hands! Hey, I told you that was weird!! See I warned you beforehand 🙂
LittleChefTip: Kids can do the entire recipe on their own, just supervise usage of the food processor, the blade is sharp!
- 1 can 28 Ounce Whole Tomatoes With Juice
- 2 cans 10 Ounce Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 cup Cilantro more To Taste!
- 1/2 whole Lime Juice
- Note: this is a very large batch. Recommend using a 12-cup food processor, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like---I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips. Recipe source:Pioneer Woman