Say Hello to my new favorite food in a bowl! Since the original title was chili, I left it as that, but in my head I think of it as soup! So white chicken chili, white chicken soup, whatever you call it, you must try it!! I was first introduced to this amazing “chili” at my surprise 40th birthday party. Since I hate surprises, and my good friends know that, it was a risk they were willing to take and it ended up being a great day! I was in my 1st trimester pregnancy with the twins and I was sick and starving all day long! So not a good feeling!! Even though I had been pregnant 5 times before, the twin pregnancy made me feel like a first timer again! Everything was different and the nausea and hunger was greatly intensified! Betcha thought I was gonna say DOUBLED, huh? LOL! This party was catered especially for my favorite gluten free foods. I felt so loved!! My dear friend Amber, even had my favorite Creamy Artichoke and Spinach Dip that LittleChefsDad gave her the recipe for, and she even made a cake out of my favorite gf candy bars. Gotta love an amazing friend like that!! Among other tasty morsels, my good friend Brooke brought this amazing chili in a crock-pot! It was love at first bite!!!! Nowadays I make it in my new toy, the Instant Pot. But its been fixed many times in my old faithful Elite Pressure Cooker. Just cook 22 minutes using the chicken setting.
Brooke is my friend that I keep bugging to start a blog. She’s doing the world a great disservice by not having her own blog! She’s the type of person that is naturally funny, humble, kind, smart and when you befriend her, you feel like you’ve been friends forever!! She has the cutest adorable little laugh and most importantly, she totally gets me. All of my weird and crazy personality traits 😉
So see why you would want to read a blog by her?? I know I have intrigued your interest about my friend. 🙂 Don’t worry, when, if, she does, I’ll let you all know.
So you see, great friends share great recipes and that’s what I’m sharing with you all today!
She found the recipe on my most favorite recipe site, Allrecipes.com. Click on the bold word and it will take you to the original recipe. I have modified it somewhat, but I still make it both ways. It’s just an all around great recipe! I like to eat my bowlful with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and cilantro. And if I’m being fully honest, Doritos find their way into my bowl. They’re sneaky like that 😉
White Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker)
- 1 24 ounce jar green salsa (salsa verde)
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans, drained
- 4 cups Homemade Chicken Broth OR 2 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 14 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Mix green salsa, diced tomatoes, Rotel, white beans, chicken broth, corn, onion, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper together in a slow cooker.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture; turn to coat
- Cook on Low until the chicken shreds easily with 2 forks, 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred completely; return slow cooker and stir.