Last week I shared with you my most favorite Banana Bread of all time! So this post is what to do if you find yourself with leftover bread. You know, a rare occurrence I’m sure.
No need to throw that lonely leftover loaf of banana bread in the freezer, or worse, away! 😮 No! Turn it into French Toast!
Banana Bread French Toast takes regular french toast up a notch, or two! It smells unbelievable, so AMAZING!
I can promise you if your neighbors smell this cooking, they’ll wanna come over for a piece! So you can either do Plan A: put a pot of coffee on, or Tea, to serve alongside the Banana Bread French Toast. Or Plan B: you need to run, lock the door, and shut the blinds and inhale all the French Toast by yourself and scream NO TOAST FOR YOU!! In your best Soup Nazi voice!
Uh…. on second thought maybe Plan B should be removed because that sounds kinda weird and anti-social and I just want to promote happy thoughts here. Think of a happy place 😁
Note to self: Maybe I shouldn’t write posts in the middle of the night. I tend to ramble and throw out useless TV and movie references….
Banana Bread French Toast
- 1 loaf banana bread thickly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- fruit syrup, chocolate drizzle (optional)
- butter for skillet
- Dry banana bread out in the oven on 375 degrees by baking a few minutes on EACH side
- Beat eggs; add milk
- stir in vanilla and cinnamon
- dip each slice of bread into wet mixture coating both sides evenly
- fry in a well buttered skillet for a few minutes, flip and cook till golden brown
- Adapted from southernplate.com