My kids love bacon egg and cheese biscuits, but look at biscuits and gravy like its a foreign toxic substance! Crazy kids!
LitteChefTip: Let the kids cut the biscuits out. You can even use cookie cutters for fun shapes!
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- 3/4 cup Crisco
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead a few times.
- Roll out 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- Be careful not to overwork the dough, or biscuits will be tough.
- Place close together for higher biscuits.
- Place on ungreased sheet. Bake at 425 degrees around 10-13 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!