This amazing One-Pot Lasagna Soup is not only quick and easy, but it’s a comfort meal! It’s like an Italian hug in a bowl!
If I had to pick a meal that I loved the most during lockdown this past year, it would be this soup! Lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, ground beef and a handful of other ingredients thrown into one pot and you’re set! The once tedious task of making an Italian Lasagna, has been cleverly downsized to the stove top, and one pot to boot!
When I first started making this recipe again, I couldn’t get enough of it! I fixed it so much that it was common for the kids to know that yes, once again, Lasagna Soup was what was for lunch!
I would fix my easy overnight no-knead bread, some French style green beans, or a side salad and call it a lunch! A very comforting, fulfilling hearty lunch! Those are my most favorite meals to have!
We even had it during the warmer months! Hey, it’s cold in my house thanks to a modern air conditioner, so why not? Yes, I like that thinking, LOL!
Why you need to make this easy Italian recipe!
- it’s easy
- it’s quick
- it’s kid friendy
- it’s a comfort meal
- it’s relatively healthy
- it’s fuss free (with kids, who needs a fussy meal!)
What You’ll Need:
- ground beef
- small onion, diced
- dried garlic powder
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- chicken broth
- canned tomatoes, diced
- canned tomato sauce
- sugar, optional
- parmesan cheese
- lasagna noodles, I highly recommend BARILLA Gluten Free brand
- cottage cheese
When breaking your lasagna noodles, try to get the pieces similar in size. This will ensure a good balance of pasta in each toothsome bite!
- I use BARILLA Gluten Free Lasagna Noodles.
How to Store:
If you have leftovers, allow soup to cool. Place in a storage container and place in the refrigerator. Soup will keep for up to 3 days.
*When re-heating pasta noodles may become somewhat mushy due to the excessive heating.
One Pot Lasagna Soup Gluten Free
- 1 LB ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 tsp dried garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes, diced
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar optional
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 16 oz container cottage cheese
- Brown beef with onion till meat is cooked.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, minus the cheeses
- Bring to a boil; simmer 12 minutes OR until noodles are softened
- Stir in cottage cheese; warm, do not boil
- Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan