Mmmmm, Fudgy Brownies! My kids love brownies and I love that they are fast and easy. As you may have noticed before, those are my favorite recipes! I have a regular brownie recipe, but I was on the hunt for one that tastes like the one on CiCi’s pizza buffet (gasp). I haven’t eaten there in over 4 years and when I did, I didn’t care for the brownies, nor the pizza for that matter. But my kids love it and eat there whenever they go shopping alone with their Dad (LittleChefsDad). They don’t get it alot so it’s a very special treat to them. Trust me when my crew goes there, they lose money that night. LOL 😀
LittleChef3 has asked and asked for me to try and duplicate their infamous brownies. Who knew I’d have so much trouble doing that?? He said this recipe didn’t taste exactly like CiCi’s, but was still awesome.
When my other kids had to stop eating them because they were too rich, I suspected they were very fudgy. I can’t begin to tell you how incredible the house smelled and how bad I wanted to be the one biting into those brownies! I may have to try some out with GF flour so I can sample this recipe!
I asked the kids if they liked the Fudgy Brownies better than our old stand by recipe, they all agreed this one was excellent too. LittleChef2 said he didn’t know, he didn’t remember exactly what the old one tastes like. Yeah right! I guess I will have to do our old one and let them compare. Nice play my little food lover. Score one for the kids!!
LittleChefTip: To get a clean cut on brownies, use a plastic knife. Yes, seriously! It really works, even on hot brownies. I don’t know why, but I’m glad it does:-)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into the egg mixture until blended. Stir in the chocolate morsels.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove, and cool pan on wire rack before cutting.
- Recipe source: Allrecipes.com
I love my brownies with walnuts in them, do you have any special add-ins that you just love? Tell me in the comments below, I’d love to hear 🙂